Grooming Tips Every Man Should Know About
If you are serious about always looking your best there are things that you should be doing on a regular basis. Don’t wait until you have a date or there is a special occasion before making these tips part of your regular routine. You never know when you might run into the girl of your dreams, why not be ready just in case. It’s all basically common sense and boils down to taking care of your self and your appearance, being hygienic, and having self-respect. This is hardly rocket science. But for those of you challenged on these issues, here is the rule book:
- Get your hair cut every 4 to 6 weeks, depending on how fast it grows. Make sure you have a barber that you really like and who does exactly what you want him to do. Find a style that works for you and stick with it. If people always tell you how good your hair looks there is no reason to look for a different style.
- Make sure you know your hair products. Nice hair is way more than just good shampoo and a quick styling spray to keep it in place. You need a conditioner, stay-in or regular, to keep your hair from looking like straw in the summer and standing on end in the winter. A good styling gel will help direct your hair exactly where you want it.
- It’s perfectly find to use a special cleanser for your face along with a toner and a moisturizer. Men’s skin tends to age less quickly than women’s because they exfoliate every day when they shave. There are many national skin care companies who make a full line of products especially for men. Try one out and find the right combination of products that is right for you.
- Choose between a couple of your favorite colognes. You should narrow it down to one for work, one to use when dating, and a couple of others for your regular everyday life. Most women love it when a man smells great and it certainly helps to add to the mood when it comes time to get things moving towards a sexual relationship.
- Take care of the hair. This means the hair on your face – shave it if you prefer to be clean shaven, or trim it if you have chosen to wear a beard and a mustache. Check your ears and nasal passages for any wayward stray hairs so you aren’t embarrassed.
- Keep your feet in good shape; keep them clean and your toenails clipped at all times. Put on a foot cream at night and put on a pair of socks. You will have smooth feet in the morning and you will be able to slide right into those flip flops.
- Go to the Dentist regularly. There is nothing that ruins it for a woman than seeing a good looking guy and then he smiles and you cringe. Start now to get your teeth cleaned and then work with the dentist so you can get all of your dental repairs done within about 6 months. You will feel so better once you know your teeth are all up-to-date and actually look as good as they feel.
- Make sure you use sunscreen if you go out in the sun on a regular basis. Melanoma,or skin cancer, is only second to prostate cancer in men. If you need to look tan go to a salon and either try out the tanning beds or get a quick spray tan. They also sell self-tanning sprays you could try out.
- Make sure your nails are clean and trimmed at all times. Men can go to a spa and get a manicure. It is always better to see a man’s hands that has had a manicure rather than dirty grimy hands with an assortment of lengths for the nails themselves.
- Keep your clothes hung in your closet according to colors so you are able to pick up things to wear to work every day. Make sure you have the few specialty items handy so you don’t have to search for them at the last minute before you go out to a special event.
They say you only get one chance to make a good first impression. Make sure you are always prepared for just about any event. Try some of the tips listed above and you’ll be ready for anything.